Request for Proposals |
The Town of Vinton, Virginia is requesting sealed Proposals for the following:
RFP-TOV-2018-001 Mixed-Use Redevelopment Opportunity--Former Vinton Motors
Due Date & Time: September 29, 2017, at 3:00 PM (EST)
The Town of Vinton is accepting proposals for the purchase and redevelopment of the former Vinton Motors Property. The 1.4 acres of total property is comprised of 10 parcels and includes the former showroom/service area (1946), former parts warehouse (1958) and former pharmacy (1958) and is located at the corner of Pollard Street and Washington Ave., in the Downtown of Vinton, VA. The property is zoned GB and CB (General and Central Business) and offers a highly visible property to be re-purposed for a variety of commercial uses.
- Suited for mixed-use redevelopment to potentially include Office, Restaurant, Residential, Hotel.
- Located on a primary corner of downtown Vinton and near the new Vinton Branch Library, the Vinton Post Office, Twin Creeks Brewing Company and many other civic and commercial activities.
- Close proximity to the Rte 460/Orange Ave, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Hardy Rd (a major travel route to Smith Mountain Lake).
- Virginia and National Historic Landmark potential designation and historic tax credit eligibility (A developer could be eligible to receive up to 45% of construction costs back through the use credits).
- A Renovation & Adaptive Re-use Feasibility Study completed by the Town of Vinton is available at http://vintonva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1033.
- A Commercial Appraisal by Miller, Long & Assoc. was completed in May, 2017, is available at http://vintonva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1032.
- The property is currently owned by Mr. William “Billy” Vinyard, and the Town is representing the owner by contract to solicit and review proposals on owner's behalf.
Proposals should include the following project details:
- A development plan for the property to include the proposed use(s).
- For redevelopment projects utilizing Historic TaxCredits, offerors must demonstrate a willingness to provide a performance security for the project and experience with the completion of similar projects.
- Evidence of market compatibility and economic feasibility.
- Proposed terms of the acquisition, including offer amount and timeline for completion. Business Plan and Financial Plan, including project benefits to the Town and County.
- A biographical summary and experience with a description of lead participants.
The owner seeks to convey the property and structures in “as-is” condition. The owner in consultation with Town and County Officials reserve the right to reject all proposals with-out cause. The owner will consider resubdividing
the property at the request of the offeror and is willing to accept proposals on all or a portion of the property.
Evaluations and award of proposals will be made based upon the following criteria:
- Proposed purchase price and/or development concept.
- Value-added benefits to the Town/County.
- Proposed use and compatibility with the Town of Vinton zoning, land use and comprehensive plan.
- Return on Investment – job creation and revenue generation from the project.
Written proposals should be submitted no later than 3:00 PM, September 29, 2017, to:
Attention: Richard “Pete” Peters, Assistant Town Manager / Director of Economic Development, 311 S. Pollard Street, Vinton, VA 24179
For more information or to schedule a facility tour contact:
Pete at 540-343-1508 or by email
The Town of Vinton solicits participation from minority-owned businesses.
|7/24/2017 12:00 AM
|9/29/2017 3:00 PM