Recycling is picked up curbside, on your trash day, every other week. The town’s recycling calendar
will help you determine which week your recycling will be collected. If you would like a blue recycling bin, please request one online
or call Public Works (540) 983-0646.
The town collects the following items:
- Aluminum (beverage cans)
- Newspapers / inserts (no magazines or phone books)
- Plastic beverage containers (soft drink bottles, clear water bottles, and opaque milk jugs)
- Steel/Tin (food cans - rinsed out w/labels removed)
Please flatten and rinse all plastic and metal containers. Remember to separate each type of recyclable. Plastic grocery bags work great for this.
Additional recycling drop-off locations include:
- William Byrd Middle School at 2910 E. Washington Avenue, Vinton, VA
- Roanoke Valley Resource Authority (RVRA) at 1020 Hollins Road NE, Roanoke, VA
- RDS at 835 Korte Street SW, Roanoke, VA.
Annually, the town picks up loose leaves and Christmas trees curbside. The loose leaf pick-up schedule and map
are publicized on RVTV cable television channel 3 and on the town's website. The town also collects bagged leaves during the Fall Leaf Collection period.