Request for Proposals
The Town of Vinton is accepting proposals for the redevelopment of the former Holdren’s Country Store / Gish’s Mill, located at 350 Gus Nicks Blvd. The nearly 14,000 sq ft former mill, retail and warehouse is located on approximately 1.5 acres. This property is highly visible and is located on a major travel corridor with an average daily traffic count of over 22,000 vehicles and is well suited for a mixed-use redevelopment to potentially include Retail, Office, Restaurant and Hospitality.
All responses to this request for proposal shall be submitted on or before 3:00 p.m. on December 13, 2019, to the address listed below:
Town of Vinton
311 South Pollard St.
Vinton, VA 24179
Ref: RFP # 011618 Redevelopment of the Holdren’s Country Store / Gish’s Mill
Attn: Pete Peters, Assistant Town Manager
The proposal must be appropriately signed by an authorized representative of your firm and must be submitted in a sealed envelope or package. The notation “Holdren’s/Gish’s Mill, RFP #011618” and the opening time and date must be clearly marked on the front of that sealed envelope or package. Proposals received after the specified date and time will not be accepted.
The Town seeks to convey the property and structures in “as-is” condition. Town Officials reserve the right to reject all proposals without cause. The Town will consider rezoning the property at the request of the offerer.
Proposals should include the following project details:
- A development plan for the property to include the proposed use(s).
- For redevelopment projects utilizing Historic Tax-Credits, offerers must demonstrate willingness to provide a performance security for the project and validate experience with the completion of similar projects.
- Evidence of market compatibility and economic feasibility.
- Proposed terms of the acquisition, including offer amount and timeline for completion.
- Business Plan and Financial Plan, including project benefits to the Town.
- A biographical summary and experience with a description of lead participants.
Evaluations and award of proposals will be made based upon the following criteria:
- Proposed purchase price and/or development concept.
- Value-added benefits to the Town.
- Proposed use and compatibility with the Town of Vinton zoning, land use and comprehensive plan.
- Return on Investment – job creation and revenue generation from the project.
General questions regarding the RFP may be directed to Pete Peters, Assistant Town Manager, at (540) 343-1508 or emailed to . Tours of the facility may be provided upon appointment.
Proposal documents may be downloaded from the following website address http://www.vintonva.gov/bids.aspx or by phoning (540) 983-0608; by faxing (540) 985-3105 or by picking up at the Town of Vinton Municipal Building, Town Manager's Office, 311 S. Pollard St., Vinton VA 24179.
The Town of Vinton solicits participation from minority-owned businesses.