Water & Wastewater

Report a Water Break or Wastewater Backup

Call the Public Works Department at 540-983-0646 right away if you suspect a water break or wastewater backup. We will immediately dispatch staff to investigate. Make sure to read our helpful tips on backup prevention (PDF). Outside normal business hours, please call 540-562-3265.

Exterior Water & Wastewater Line Inspection

Roanoke County inspectors perform all building inspections within the Town of Vinton. An inspection may be scheduled by calling Roanoke County at 540-772-2065. The permit number (application number) will be required at the time of the request. The permit / application number can be found near the top of your permit. You must call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an inspection.

Water Quality Report

Federal and state law requires that every public water system publish an annual report of certain contaminants found in the drinking water. View the most current Water Quality Report (PDF).